Sunday, 15 January 2017

January/February TBR + Quick Life Update: Where Have I Been?

(Please feel free to skip the update but it will help explain my long hiatus! I miss you guys!)

Before I can even start telling you all what I have planned for the coming year of 2017 (sigh... time is getting on and I'm getting old), I need to explain where on earth I have been for the past few months; why haven't I been uploading videos and many posts, why haven't I been online much or tweeting every hour like I used to, why did I go quiet and didn't explain myself until the following year? WELL HERE WE GO! (I'm scared to explain myself because my excuses are pathetic but true...)

What happened was that our internet cut (we've had a bit of struggles with money lately because the price of everything in Auckland is super expensive and hard for us to afford now but we can't really move away either) and we couldn't have the internet reconnected until we paid the outstanding amount first. As you may have figured out, we still have not found the applicable funds but I'm waiting on a miracle or two that might happen soon otherwise it'll be back to the library for me to study this year.

That brings me to my second point: I was constantly bombarded by university work and everything was almost unbearable to handle thanks to the stress of everything - mostly considering my ADHD making it really hard to concentrate when I actually wanted to. It was my fault that I fell behind and therefore my extra time that I would usually use to read had to be used to catch up majorly on school work. However, by the grace of God, I managed to pass both semesters and (at this point I'm 99.5% sure I did) earn my Diploma in Applied Writing for level 5! Now I'm waiting on my level 6 course this year which sounds super fun! I'll give you guys a list of what I'll be doing this year so you can be excited with me - it's literally the type of papers that will help kickstart my career as an author!


Semester One:

  • 601 Business and the Writer
  • 604 Project - Planning
  • 613 Research for Writing
  • 605 Project - Execution

Semester Two:


  • 605 Project - Execution (continued)
  • 603 Practice of Selected Genre(s)
  • 619 Publishing eBooks
  • 602 Personal Career Plan


So in terms of my videos, my phone broke... twice. That's why I haven't been able to film or upload. I did have a couple of videos I could have edited and eventually uploaded with some weak wifi at the library but I get a bad feeling about old videos after a while and I just want to re-film them. There's something about uploading a six-month-old video that makes me feel like I'm lying to y'all about my current place in life (I'm just strange so I hope you guys can understand!). I plan to either get my phone fixed or try get another one soon but I'll let you know when something does happen. I'm planning to write more updates since it's easier for me to upload at least least twice every month so I hope that is alright with you until I get back on to my feet!

So enough with the boring information and know that my resolution for this year is to create a world of literacy for myself that will one day support my passion for writing books. I wanted to list a bunch of the books sent from multiple publishing companies in New Zealand that I've chosen to review next . You might recognise a few of these, if not all of them, so feel free to comment your thoughts and feelings down below (no spoilers please!) so that we can fangirl together!



Title: Life and Death
Author: Stephenie Meyer
NZ Publisher: Hachette NZ
USA Publisher: Little Brown Book Group






Title: The Chemist
Author: Stephenie Meyer
NZ Publisher: Hachette NZ
USA Publisher: Little Brown Books for Young Readers





Title: The Severed Land
Author: Maurice Gee
NZ Publisher: Penguin Random House NZ





Title: A Million Worlds With You
Author: Claudia Gray
NZ Publisher: HarperCollins NZ
USA Publisher: HarperCollins





Title: Moon Chosen
Author: P.C Cast
NZ Publisher: Lighthouse PR
USA Publisher: St. Martins Press
AUS Publisher: Pan Australia (Paperback)





Title: Stealing Snow
Author: Danielle Paige
NZ Publisher: Allen and Unwin
USA Publisher: Bloomsbury




*****


Those are all the books I hope to read over the next couple of months! I may not finish them all as usual, especially since half of these books are considerably large and I start back university on the 20th of February, but I am super excited because they're all books that I really want to read!

Aside from everything else, I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and New Year! Please ask me anything you would like to know and I will try respond as soon as I can. Try to keep your New Year's resolutions and I'll try to be a bit more active this year (God help me succeed haha).

See you all real soon!

Bellz x






Find more out about me at:






Twitter: ellabellabellz


Instagram: FeathersandFaith


Snapchat: FeathersnFaith