Monday, 30 November 2015

Mastering Your Mean Girl by Melissa Ambrosini: Book Review


You know that sneaky voice inside your head telling you that you’re not good enough, smart enough, skinny enough, whatever enough? That’s your Mean Girl. And she’s doing her best to keep you stuck in Fear Town, too scared to go after the life you always imagined.

But enough’s enough! Melissa Ambrosini has made a life beyond her wildest dreams, all by mastering her Mean Girl, busting through limiting beliefs and karate-chopping through the fears that held her hostage for years. And now she wants to help you remember not only what you are capable of, but how amazing you truly are!

In this inspiring, upbeat guide, Melissa provides a practical plan for creating your own version of a kick-ass life — one that’s wildly wealthy, fabulously healthy and bursting with love. Designed to propel you out of stuck-ness and into action, this is a must read if you’re ready to let go of your Mean Girl and start living the life of your dreams.

SPOILER FREE REVIEW

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

I have to say that this is the first guide that I've started to read... and finished! Let alone in the time frame of two days. I cannot express myself enough when I say that I loved this so much because it is exactly the type of book I needed to read at this point of my life. Just by reading the title and subtitle, you wouldn't think at all that this book has basically everything you need to know about creating the best life for yourself. Of course the blurb on the back describes everything you need to know - all I am saying is that this guide was more spiritual in almost every way (not in the religious sense) and I couldn't have received a better book from HarperCollins New Zealand.

Starting this book I had absolutely no idea what I was getting myself into but now having completed the whole thing and feeling a major shift in myself emotionally and physically, I know for a fact that this is the best thing for someone who is lost and confused in life or for someone that wants to try and figure out their sense of purpose in their lives. Melissa Ambrosini is a simple (but awesome!) Australian chick who has lived life to the fullest, gone through her ups and downs just like everyone else and has taken that in her stride to figure out the perfect way of making your life one that will leave you smiling on your death bed. Her intriguing choice of motto, "Become wildy wealthy, fabulously healthy and bursting with love" beams out at me with such a specific sense of direction and knowledge and that's also how I felt while reading it. While I was in my early teen years, I used to research a lot about spirituality, meditation and using the power of your thoughts to create a much healthier and happier life. How ironic is it that everything I was interested in back then came back around to me in the form of a book by a woman who has experienced and succeeded in it all first hand. Now that I am much older and going through a lot more obstacles in my life, along with the constant mean girl in the back of my mind, I feel like Melissa's book really enlightened me and helped me realise why so many things have gone wrong in my life, but also all the things that went really well. She describes the use of the 'law of attraction' and how it can benefit us just by simply using our brains to think differently about stressful or angering issues that come about.

A great part of this guide is that in every few pages there is an exercise where she asks you to think deeply about a section that she has spoken about and then write down how we feel or how we could use her advice in our own day-to-day life. Everytime I had to put the book down because it was late and I had to sleep or I had to make some food, I found myself constantly wanting to come back and read more of what she had to offer for me. Reading such a well informed and personal book really helped me get into it and want to try and change my life around. Not only would this be helpful for girls (hence the title "Mastering your mean 'girl'") this can also be helpful for guys who are struggling with their self confidence or who are seeking more out of their lives. Anyone who needs a confidence boost will thoroughly enjoy the read and constantly being called "beautiful" because that's what we want to hear, right? Well thanks to this book I now have a better sense of who I am, how I feel about myself and what I want to accomplish in life. I do feel beautiful and worthy of what I have. Thankfully we still have beautiful people in this world such as Melissa. She has inspired me to tell my own story one day and push the limits of my comfort zone to truly achieve what I want out of life and enjoy it to the max.

Overall I have given this book a five out of five stars. There is nothing better than a book which can totally transform your way of thinking and way of life and this book completely satisfies that craving for more. I hope that one day I will be able to meet Melissa and tell her all about how much I have achieved my goal of becoming wildly wealthy, fabulously healthy and bursting with love.

RELEASES JANUARY 1ST 2016!

Picture from https://melissaambrosini.com/


Thank you HarperCollins New Zealand for the review copy! Go like their Facebook page here: https://www.facebook.com/Harpercollinsnz?fref=ts


* Check out Melissa's website for extra content and print outs HERE *


Go add Mastering Your Mean Girl to your Goodreads list HERE


Go buy it on MightyApe with 1 day delivery in New Zealand HERE

Buy it on Book Depository with free shipping world wide HERE