Friday, 18 September 2015

Unpopular Opinions Tag

I've recently decided that due to my laptop problem (my Macbook Pro broke if you did not see on my Twitter), I have decided to spend a bit more time on my blog and therefore writing more interesting posts. Yeah book reviews are good and I love writing them, but I feel like I want to make this a little more fancy and interesting by posting fun stuff every now and then. So that is why I have decided to do a written version of this Booktube tag for you all!



1. A Popular Book or series that you didn't like.



Personally I didn't overly like Allegiant due to the ending but the first two books in the series, Divergent and Insurgent I really enjoyed and they turned out quite well as movies. Now we're waiting for Allegiant to come out and I really hope that from how they've changed a bunch of  things in the other movies that they will change the ending of this too so I will be happy once again.

2. A Popular Book or series that every one else seems to hate but you love. (I'll change this to a series that everyone loves but I hate)



I started reading the first Vampire Diaries book and to be totally honest, I could not get into it at all. I maybe only read like a few pages and I was already bored out of my mind. It was shocking to me because I absolutely loved L.J. Smith's other book series, Night World and I always wished that they would be turned into a tv series. I found the tv series of this to be a little more interesting but it still failed to keep my interest and  I ended up throwing the whole craze out the window.

3. A Love Triangle where the main character ended up with the person you did NOT want them to end up with (warn ppl for spoilers) OR an OTP that you don't like. 



This is not a spoiler because they're sort of but not really together at the beginning of the novel. Just read it and you'll know what I mean. To be fully honest with everyone, and I know from The House Of Night Online how many people really loved him and shipped him with Zoey, I really didn't like Heath. No matter how much he "changed" or became more romantic or whatever. I just didn't like him and the whole typical "Jock" thing isn't really my type anyway. *POSSIBLE SPOILER ALERT* I also felt like Zoey suited Stark a whole lot better just because he was willing to protect her til the day she died and that he was just a whole lot more suited to her than Heath was. Plus Heath obviously wasn't going to live as long as her so what would be the point in them being together in the first place?

4. A popular book Genre that you hardly reach for. 



I personally don't really know what the whole hype is about contemporary novels. I'm guessing it's more of a love story/romantic kind of vibe but I love fantasy so much that a book seems almost boring without any in it. Yeah I love romance but there's usually always some sort of relationship in a fantasy novel anyway. I definitely want to pick up a few of John Green's books at some point, such as Looking For Alaska, Paper Towns and The Fault In Our Stars as I know that they are good and almost everyone loves the movies. Here is an example of one contemporary novel I wouldn't be rushing into a book store for any time soon.

5. A popular or beloved character that you do not like. 




I don't know whether Kestrel from The Winner's Curse is really a beloved character or whatever but I know that the books are well known and she is known by Booktubers so that's enough for me. Plus there aren't very many others I could choose from as I rarely read a book where I don't like the main character. Kestrel just plainly annoyed me. I appreciated her love for music and the fact that she didn't let the fact that Arin wass Herrani sway her into not liking him. I felt like she never truly understood the Herrani's struggles even having one in place as a mother in a way. Kestrel is just one character that I don't particularly feel close to or relate to which are two really important things for me when reading a book.

6. A popular author that you can't seem to get into. 




Sorry Claudia but so far I am not having an easy time getting into your latest book, A Thousand Pieces Of You. It's not personal and I have yet to read your other books such as the Evernight series, but this was the only author I could come up with who is as popular as she is. I would say Nina Malkin because Swoon was utterly dreadful and a complete waste of precious reading time, though I don't think her status is high enough to reach the ranks of Claudia. In saying this, I have yet to finish the novel so my thoughts may change but right now this has to be my answer.

7. A popular book trope that you're tired of seeing. (examples "lost princess", corrupt ruler, love triangles, etc.)





If Throne of Glass and Twilight aren't good enough examples of a love triangle then I don't know what else is. Don't get me wrong, I totally and absolutely love both these book series with a passion, I just find the love triangle so frustrating because does the main character really have to worry about two guys being in love with her and if so, it should be so hard to choose ONE of them straight away before she really stuffs things up. Personally for my own story as a comparison, I have made sure to have no love triangles because I don't feel like there is a need if you have an interesting enough plot and deeper issues. Other than that, these there still amazingly awesome series, I just had to say that I am getting sick of seeing the typical love triangle trope and I know a few people will agree with me!

8. A popular series that you have no interest in reading.



Ugh I know for a dead fact that I will NEVER EVER EVER read this god-awful series because 1. I am so not into reading erotica and shit about being submissive to a guy like that. 2. From what I've heard, the majority of the people who read it hated it. 3. E.L. James is a terrible author. 4. I don't consider erotica something to be up to my standards (not being cocky, just another reason to not read it. And yes, I do have a level of standards for books, just not often. And that's really saying something). The End.

9. The saying goes "The book is always better than the movie", but what movie or T.V. show adaptation do you prefer more than the book?


If I had of read the Maze Runner, I probably would have said that because literally everyone I know that has read that series thoroughly enjoyed the movies more than they did the books. But I haven't and I had to choose something at least vaguely relevant. So I chose the Twilight movies. I'm not saying that I didn't like the books, I absolutely loved them. But this is the only series I've read and watched the movies and loved both adaptations equally so that is as close to an answer as I can get! The cast was perfect and fit the book characters so well, plus the chemistry was on point. So an A+++ for both!


I really hope you enjoyed reading my Unpopular Opinions Tag! If you agree of disagree with any of my choices, comment down below.

I tag Ella from Once Upon A Bookish Time!

I also tag you if you are reading this! If you write a blog post such as mine or choose to film this instead, tweet the link to my Twitter @ellabellabellz and I will check it out and possibly even retweet it! If you don't have a Twitter then email the link to me at B.theclairsentient@gmail.com


Find more out about my writing career at: